WATERSKI NEWS 2011 - 2012
Headlines June 2011 - May 2012, Details and Archives
Note: News on this page is posted with the latest at the top and
the earliest at the bottom. This is an archive page that will store
everything originally posted on the home page and provide additional
detail when needed.
- 4/16/12 — 2012 Junior U.S. Open Entry Form Posted
- The Fact Sheet and Entry Form for the 12th Junior U.S. Open Water Ski Championships are now available to download from the USA Water Ski Web site. The 2012 Junior U.S. Open, a two-round world-record capability tournament, will be held June 2-3 at the Lake of Dreams in Jerseyville, Ill. To download the Fact Sheet and Entry Form, click here (PDF).
There will be four divisions: Boys, Girls, Junior Men and Junior Women. Boys and Girls must have been born in the year 1995 or more recently. Junior Men and Junior Women must have been born between 1990 and 1994 inclusive.
The deadline to enter is 5 p.m. (EDT) on May 14.
- 3/30/12 Problem with some guidebooks
- It has come to our attention that some people received guidebooks without the center tournament section.
If you have received one like this and wish to get a replacement, Scott Atkinson from USA WaterSki headquarters requests that "the people that received an incomplete guide to mail the guides they received back to headquarters (to my [his] attention) so that I can take up the issue with representatives at the printer. At the very least I need to know what pages are missing from each of the guides." In the meantime, you can view
the guidebook here, http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/divisions/3event/RegionalGuides/2012EasternRG.pdf, or from our own website.
- 3/29/12 Judges & Scorers Clinic in Mass., starting time is 9:00 a.m.
- Dave Robbins will put on a judge and scorer clinic on Saturday March 31st, starting time is 9:00 a.m. The location will be at Andy Kalafatis' showroom for Ancom Custom Cabinets,
22 Bryan Way,
Ayer, MA 01432, Find it on Google Maps. Anyone that is coming please RSVP Mike Tilton. Please pass this notice on to other skiers.
Those attending will be notified of start time and any other pertinent info.
- 3/8/12 Guidebook uploaded. Also PA records which were omitted from Guidebook.
- 3/8/12 WSTIMS for Windows status update.
- 3/8/12 Clinics Planned in Virginia
- Jeff Hardin has scheduled two Junior Development clinics for the 2012 Season, on
6/25-26 and 7/16-17. Jim Powell,
President of the
Virginia Water Ski Federation, is putting together a Family clinic called the Un-Nationals on 8/18 at Timberlake. Both adults and children are encouraged to come get coaching in competition slalom skiing.
- 2/22/12 AWSA Seeks Cable Water Skiers
- The American Water Ski Association is seeking water ski athletes to compete in the 2012 World Cableski Championships, Aug. 3-5, in Asten, Australia. Although AWSA cannot financially support potential team members who apply, those chosen will be provided with a warm-up suit and will be officially entered into the event. Please send letters of interest detailing experience as soon as possible to Sherm Schraft.
- 1/31/12 Hank Miner passed away. Obituary.
- 1/31/12 Raceway park skiers are looking for new members.
- For information email Bill Cooper or call 609-577-7184.
- 1/22/12 Ed Brazil's email address has changed.
- 1/9/12 Technical Committee Chair Chip Shand reports...
- At the Regional Meeting, the BOD ruled that performances from "turn and burn" rounds (i.e., when the skier elects to immediately take their next round), the 2nd of the turn and burn rounds will NOT be accepted as a Regional record.
- 1/5/12 Winter Meeting Agenda posted
- 1/5/12 Deadline for guidebook submission is January 30.
- Please forward guidebook information to Judi Stevens. Tournament sanctions need to be completed ASAP. Please help the volunteers by getting your sanctions done timely and by providing any guidebook info.
- 1/5/12 Ed Brazil reports on the 2012 Hall of Fame
- The event will be in Florida on the weekend of April 21st. It acts as a fundraiser, so it's good to get a
strong turnout. Please share this information. Hall of Fame inductees will be Wade Cox and Sherri Slone.
There will be 5 others inducted into the Award of Distinction, representing several aspects of the sport.
See the article in the recent Water Skier for more information.
- 1/5/12 Draft tournament schedule posted, many tournaments still missing
- 12/30/11 Bill Fosbenner requests tournament sanctions to be completed ASAP
- 12/1/11 2012 Winter Meeting Announced
- 12/1/11 Records Updated
- 9/9/11 Some tournament scores posted
- 9/7/11 AWSEF Fundraising Raffle, January 27, 2012
- 9/4/11 Tilton Ski Team skis in Boston Harbor...
- ...to raise awareness to their fundraising efforts for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. See the Video and Pictures on the Tilton Ski Team website. Please consider making a donation to the www.TiltonSkiTeam.com Kristen (W2) and family (husband Matt Jablonski, father Mike M5, sister Katie W1, and mom Denise) have been raising money as Tilton Ski Team for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) via the Light the Night (LTN) Walk in Worcester Massachusetts.
- 9/4/11 More tournament photos posted
- 8/15/11 A Facebook Group has been set up...
- ...to facilitate non-commercial Eastern Region business. If you think we should also have a "page", let me know, but I think the group is best so all members can help add people to the group.
- 8/15/11 2011 Regionals Photos at Pangaea, taken by Chris Goodhue
- 8/9/11 Clinic with Jamie Beauchesne
- Sunday, Aug. 21, Montpelier, VT, at Wrightsville Reservoir boat launch (not the tournament site). $50 a set. Bring your own boat if you want or Bill Bruzzese will pull for an extra $10. Contact Bill Bruzzese to register.
- 8/3/11 Various photos posted by Chris Goodhue
- 8/2/11 Check out this Pangaea Regionals Video by (young) Christopher Goodhue!
- 7/31/11 Regionals Scores posted
- 6/28/11 Lucky Lowe clinic at Dube's, Hooksett, NH on July 5th, 2011 from 9-2
- Cost: 40.00 per set. If interested contact Susan Merck.
- 6/28/11 Andy Mapple clinic at Pangaea July 8, 9, 10
- If interested contact George Vosburgh.
- 6/9/11 New Release of the DOS WSTIMS program now available
- 6/9/11 Wade Cox clinic at Oakham, MA June 30th and July 1st
- Open to all, June 30th and July 1st. Limited number of spots open so if you're interested let Chris Goodhue know soon! Great opportunity to hang with and learn from a legend.
- News Archives Prior Years