Headlines Spring 2004 - May 2005, Details
Note: News on this page is posted with the latest at the top and
the earliest at the bottom. This is an archive page that will store
everything originally posted on the home page and provide additional
detail when needed.
- 5/23/05 Never Mind (item immediately below)!
- Jennifer Frederick-Kelly has all the tournament results and
will send them in again
- 5/21/05 Missing
Tournament Results at headquarters
- Please check to see if you are on this list, even if
you sent your results in.
- 5/20/05 Software
- For those that have purchased a preconfigured video-capable
waterski computer through Dave Clark, the 2005 season update module
for units shipped in 2003 or 2004 is now available.
- 5/18/05 WSDA
Nationals seeks donations to assist with venue chg
- The Lakeland Water Ski Club came forward on short notice to
organize and host the 2005 WSDA Nationals at the new lake at AWSEF
and USAWS Headquarters.
- 5/17/05 Pangaea
- Ski site in upstate NY seeking skiers, vacationers. Accommodations
and coaching available.
- 5/15/05 Notes from the EVP, Headquarters
Lake Status, Scholarship Opportunities
- 5/15/05 World
WaterSki Pros Makes History with the 2005 MasterCraft Pro Championships
at Flushing Meadows
- 4/11/05 Fritz
Hasler Receives 2005 AIAA Barry Goldwater Award
- 4/7/05 Camp
Winadu for Boys is seeking a summer waterski director
- Located in western Massachusetts, we have 4 Malibu Sunsetter
XLs on our 3 1/2 mile long lake in the beautiful Berkshire Mountains.
A qualified director will oversee 8 college age ski staff and
direct waterski, wakeboard and barefoot activities.
This position runs from mid-June through mid-August and includes
salary starting at $6500, plus travel, room and board. Family
accommodations are available. View
our program. Email for more
information, or call 877-694-7463.
- 4/1/05 Dube's Pond tournament in NH moved from 8/20
- 3/30/05 A few additional updates made to Regional
- 3/30/05 2005 Eastern
Region Junior Development Waterski Team Posted
- 3/30/05 2004
NH State Champs
- Guidebook error, corrected page posted on website
- 3/24/05 2004
Regional Results Posted
- A Guidebook error resulted in year-old scores being published.
Review Regional Standings
and Regional Results
on the website.
Notes from the EVP
- Published in winter issues of Water Skier.
- 2005 Regionals Officials Announced
- Eastern Region Council approved the appointed officials for
the 2005 Eastern Regionals at Lake Holly in Sparta, VA, 7/21-24/05.
They are as follows.
Chief Judge: Jerry Stansberry (VA)
Assistant Chief Judge: Sara Roach (VA)
Appointed Judges: Dave Robbins (ME), Ed Nichols (DE), Roger Hammel
(VA), Bill Baker (PA), Bill Cooper (NJ), & Jean Giove (MD)
Chief Scorer: Ann Lohr (VA)
Assistant Chief Scorer: Mark Dingeman (VT)
Appointed Scorers: Leslie Carr (MD) & Rebecca Bartlett (NH)
Chief Driver: Rusty Coffin (DE)
Assistant Chief Driver: Ralph Hall (VA)
Appointed Drivers: Marie Fields (VA), Jonathan Thacher (VA), &
Tom Hinman (CT)
Safety Director: Kathy Roach (VA)
Assistant Safety: Dave Knight (CT)
Chief Announcer: Rick Stansberry (VA)
Assistant Announcer: Bill Mahan (VA)
Technical Controller: Chip Shand (VA)
- 2005 Nationals Officials Announced
||Steve Lohr (VA)
||Roger Hammel (VA)
|Ed Nichols (DE)
|Bill Baker (PA)
|David Robbins (ME)
|Bill Cooper (NJ)
||Ann Lohr (VA)
||Doug Robbins (PA)
|Rusty Coffin (DE)
||Bill Mahan (VA)
- Congratulations Jamie
- Congratulations to Jamie Harris, of Frederickburg, VA., who
won the Women's Slalom, Trick, Jump, and Overall titles at the
2004 NCWSA Collegiate Nationals in division two last fall.
- 3/19/05, Ski Lakes, Please update your Information
(form is temporarily disabled, 11/6/06)
- We have varying levels of information from each lake. Let's
update, show people what we all have to offer, and get new people
interested in tournament skiing. New online form will remind you
of what to provide.
- Please Complete Tournament
- Just a reminder to everybody that the Region fee has to be paid
and the online sanction form filled out by Jan. 31st for tournament
adds to be listed in the guidebook. Not all information such as
officials,etc. has to be filled in, just the required info. You
will be able to add/change some info later with your edit code.
Please don't wait until Jan.30th to do this as I have to review
and forward these to the public site. Without payment they won't
be there. Also I don't need safety forms unless you want me to
forward your National checks to headquarters. Stand alone "FUN"
tournaments only have to pay $65 for the guidebook,all others
$125. Doug M.
National Junior and Junior Development Ski Teams for 2005
- Top junior water ski athletes from across the nation have been
selected to the National Junior Water Ski Team and the National
Junior Development Water Ski Team for 2005. More
- 3/7/05, Website Structure
and Page Layout Changes Being Made
Approaching for Submission of Junior Development Info
- Please send in your Junior Development information by Tuesday,
Jan. 25th. More info.
- 2005 Regionals Information
- The Lake Holly website
contains considerable information for the 2005 Regionals. The
includes a comprehensive listing of most the local lodging and
indicates those facilities that the club has made arrangements
with to hold in excess of 70 rooms at a discounted rate.
- ATTENTION EASTERN REGION OFFICIALS!
Judges, Scorers, Drivers, Safety Directors, Technical Controllers,
and Announcers are needed for the 2005 Eastern Regionals at
Lake Holly, in Sparta, VA., and the 2005 Nationals at Okeeheelee
Park in West Palm Beach, FL.
The Eastern Regionals will be held Thursday, July 21, 2005
through Sunday, July 24, 2005. The U.S. Nationals will be held
Tuesday, August 2, 2005 through Saturday, August 6, 2005.
Anyone who can volunteer to serve as an appointed official
at either or both of those events, please contact Doug Robbins
by Friday, December 31, 2004 by
email or call 877-770-5102.
- CHIEF OFFICIALS ANNOUNCED
FOR 2005 REGIONALS
||Jerry Stansberry (VA)
|Asst. Chief Judge:
||Sara Roach (VA)
||Rusty Coffin (DE)
||Ann Lohr (VA)
||Kathy Roach (VA)
||Chip Shand (VA)
||Rick Stansberry (VA)
- ATTENTION TOURNAMENT SPONSORS
- Please complete all sanctions for 2005 Tournaments on or
before Saturday, January 1, 2005 to ensure listing in the
2005 Guidebook. Sanctions can be completed on line at www.awsaeast.org.
Send Regional sanction fees and completed Safety Checklists to
your regional council representative for submission to ERTC Doug
Milner at the Winter Meeting.
- ATENTION SENIOR JUDGES & SCORERS
- The 2005 AWSA National Senior Judge's Clinic will be held in
the Eastern Region. The clinic will take place February 26 & 27,
2005 at the Mariott in Herndon, VA. Hotel reservations need
to be made by Feb 3, 2005. Detail page updated with driving directions
and links to agenda and registration form. More
info to follow.
- 2005 Nationals Poll
- The EVP requested input on nationals dates, reported at Winter
meeting, poll removed from website.
- 2005 Can Am Challenge
- The International Activities Committee is actively seeking an
outstanding site that would be interested in hosting the 2005
CAN AM Challenge on Labor Day 2005. More
- 2005 Tournament Calendar
- Clubs interested in hosting tournaments in 2005, please submit
your dates, rounds, events, and locations to Eastern Region Tournament
Coordinator, Doug Milner. Contact him by email
or call (302) 629-4019 by December 1, 2004.
- The 2005 Eastern Region Winter Meeting and clinics will be held
in King of Prussia, PA., on January 8-9, 2005. Location and details
were published in the Fall Newsletter, and here.
- The Eastern Region proudly extends congratulations to some special
folks for their achievements. Congratulations to Jennifer Frederick
Kelly of Elma, NY., for being selected for the Mary Jo Power
Award at the 2004 Nationals as the tournaments outstanding scorer.
Congratulations to Alex Lauretano of Morris, CT., for her
outstanding performance at the 2004 Junior Worlds where she finished
17th in Slalom, 5th in Jump, 4th in Tricks, and 5th Overall. Lastly,
congratulations to Steve Lohr of Sparta, VA., for his selection
as Chief Judge of the 2005 Nationals at Okeeheelee Park.
- Officials Needed
- Officials are needed for the 2005 Eastern Regional Championships
at Lake Holly, in Sparta, VA., and the 2005 Nationals at Okeeheelee
Park in West Palm Beach, FL. Anyone interested, able and willing
to serve as an appointed Judge, Scorer, Driver, Safety Director,
Tech Controller, or Announcer for either or both of those events,
please notify Doug Robbins at (724) 816-1995 or via email.
- Guidebook Advertisements Available
- Advertisements for the 2005 Eastern Region Tournament Guidebook
are available. Interested businesses and parties please contact
Guidebook Coordinator, Leslie Carr at (410) 729-4039 or via email
for pricing and details by January 7, 2005.
- Regional Competitors, Book Lodging Early for 2005
- Book lodging early for the 2005 Eastern Regional Championships
at Lake Holly as the July 21 - 24, 2005, dates will overlap with
the annual Boy Scout Jamboree at Fort A.P. Hill. The annual Boy
Scout Jamboree brings 40,000 - 50,000 visitors to the area. See
the Lake Holly website
- Judges and Scorers Clinic
- There will be a clinic November 7th in Marlboro, MA. Any Judge
/ Scorer that needs a clinic ( every 4 years for regular & seniors
or needed also for upgrade ) should attend this year - there was
one two years ago and probably won't be one next year. Contact
Dave Robbins to sign-up or for more information.
- New Webmaster, Site
- Due to the size of this site, the number of people that have
helped over the course of time, and some possible technical changes
in the near future, it may take some time to locate and change
all the email links on the site to send to appropriate people.
Please be patient, and if you send an email and it doesn't get
answered, please verify the address and send again or contact
the person by another means. Please also send a note to the webmaster
of the email address not working and the page where you found
it. Click here for the webmaster email address for Darlene.
- New Webmaster
- The AWSA East website is now managed by Darlene McCormick. AWSA
East officials and volunteers thank Mike Shepard for his time
and effort managing the site and adding quality content.
- Send in your tournament
scores - address changed
- New Ski Club in Pennsylvania
- WSTIMS 3.44 for Traditional
3-Event Scoring is now available
- WSTIMS release 3.44 introduces new features for the Fall 2004
NCWSA and AWSA traditional competitions