1. Thanks to Lake Holly for hosting the 2005 Eastern Regional Tournament.
2. Thanks to Pitts Pond for a great Junior Development Party.
3. All Regional Competitors in the Junior Divisions have completed
Information Forms providing contact information for the Junior Skiers
and their families. Junior Development State Coordinators should
reach out to other skiers who did not attend the Regional Tournament
to collect the same information.
4. Photos have been taken of all Junior Competitors at the Eastern
Regional Tournament. These photos will be used in preparing the
Junior Development Team section of the 2006 Eastern Region Tournament
5. With no auction of any significance to support Junior Development
Fund Raising this year, the Junior Development Regional Coordinators
have initiated two 50 – 50 Raffles – one for the Boys
and one for the Girls. This concept has generated excitement and
enthusiasm among the Junior Skiers in selling tickets for the raffle.
The final results include $276 raised by the boys and $454 raised
by the girls.
6. The Eastern Region Junior Development Committee presented each
Junior Competitor at the Regional Tournament with a towel and a
sweatshirt. Both were big hits with the recipients.
7. A petition is being circulated seeking support for Fund Raising
efforts for Junior Development Programs at the National level. Please
support the 50 – 50 Raffle for National Junior Development
8. The Eastern Region Junior Development bank account includes
a balance of approximately $6,700. Of that amount, $1,950 has been
spent on the towels and sweatshirts that were distributed to each
Junior Competitor at the Regional Tournament. Fund Raising efforts
at the 2005 Eastern Regional Tournament and the 2005 Massachusetts
State Championship Tournament raised approximately $1,900, so the
bank account balance will not change significantly. $705 was raised
by Juniors at the Massachusetts State Championship Tournament from
proceeds of T-Shirt sales at that event.
9. The Eastern Region Junior Development Committee would like to
provide financial assistance to ski clubs and groups that host clinics
for Junior Skiers. Funding is available up to $500 for clinics that
benefit Junior Skiers.
10. With an alarmingly low number of Junior Skiers competing at
the 2005 Eastern Regional Tournament, everyone is encouraged to
find ways to promote Junior participation in competitive skiing.